Bona House Materials
Rigid polyurethane foam
Updated: Apr 28
Rigid polyurethane foam plastic, referred to as rigid polyurethane foam, its amount in polyurethane products is second only compared to only soft polyurethane foam.
Rigid polyurethane foam is mostly of a closed cell structure, with excellent characteristics such as good thermal insulation, light weight, high strength, and convenient construction. It also has characteristics such as sound insulation, shock resistance, electrical insulation, heat resistance, cold resistance, and solvent resistance. It is widely used as thermal insulation materials for refrigerators, freezers, refrigerated vehicles, and buildings, storage tanks, and pipelines, and a small amount is used in non-thermal insulation situations, such as imitation wood, packaging materials, and so on. Generally speaking, lower density rigid polyurethane foam is mainly used as thermal insulation materials, while higher density rigid polyurethane foam can be used as structural materials.
Among all kinds of polyurethane products, polyurethane foam is the most important part. Its main feature is its porosity, relative low density with high strength. According to different raw materials and formula changes, it can be made into soft, semi-rigid and rigid polyurethane foam plastics. According to the type of polyol used, it can be divided into polyester, polyether and castor oil polyurethane foam, etc. If classified according to the foaming method, there are block, molding, spraying polyurethane foam and other types.
Rigid polyurethane foam is generally room temperature foam, and the molding process is relatively simple.
According to the degree of construction mechanization, it can be divided into manual foaming and mechanical foaming;
According to the pressure during foaming, it can be divided into high-pressure foaming and low-pressure foaming;
According to the molding method, it can be divided into pouring foam and spraying foam.
1. Refrigeration equipment in food and other industries: such as refrigerators, freezers, refrigerators, refrigerated trucks, etc. Polyurethane rigid foam is the most ideal thermal insulation material for refrigeration equipment.
2. Industrial equipment insulation: such as storage tanks, pipelines, etc.
3. Building materials: In developed countries in Europe and the United States, polyurethane rigid foam for construction accounts for about half of the total consumption of rigid foam, more than twice the consumption of rigid foam such as refrigerators and freezers; In China, the application of hard foam in the construction industry is not as common as in developed countries in the West, so the development potential is very large.
4. Transportation industry: such as car roofs, interior trim, etc.
5. Wood imitation: high-density (density 300~700 kg/m3) polyurethane rigid foam or glass fiber reinforced rigid foam is structural foam plastic, also known as wood imitation, which has the characteristics of high strength, good toughness, dense and tough crust, simple molding process, high production efficiency, high strength than natural wood, low density than natural wood, and can replace wood as various high-end products.
6. Potting materials, etc.